.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Friday, February 11, 2005

Live Blogging the Move!

Rain rain go away.... 11:24AM

Well, I picked up the keys this morning, and by 10:30 was doing the initial walk through on the new place. WOW!! I knew I loved our old apartment, but the new one is VERY cool too! Along the wall in the dining room area is a wall length mirrored closet (with Shelves), and since there are no stairs going up, there is an odd little nook in that corner by the window. Otherwise it looks very much the same as our current place, without the huge vaulted ceilings! It's going to be very nice for the next few months. LOTS of storage areas, which we will need as we are not unpacking about 1/2 of what is moving.

The only downside at the moment is that it is raining (I'm waiting for it to let up a bit and then I'll get back to work!), and that we have no phone. I don't know what happened, since we still have our cable modem (obviously!), and they are both with the same company.

So.....if you need to get a hold of us and the phone is still out, email me. I'll be checking the email frequently, and we'll move and set up the computers in the new place quickly.

Well, I'm dry again, I've had my lunch, it's 11:40, and it looks like the rain is letting up...Back to work!


Waiting for Aaryk 1:05 PM

It's now about 1pm and I decided to dry off for a bit. I've gotten about half of the kitchen taken over, one tub at a time, and put away. I hope to have the kitchen done before Brian gets home this afternoon. Still so many little things to take care of, sort, throw out, box up...

This is Aaryk's last day at IKON. Next week is all vacation time for him, and then he leaves the week after. They were having a 'surprise' farewell party for him at Online today, one of the worst kept surprises ever! ;) He's bringing a hand truck home so that we can move boxes more than one at a time. I'll probably go get the one from GateWay later this afternoon/evening if we need it. Ok, I'm officially rambling now.

Still no phone :(

Rain's letting up again. The nice thing about Phoenix this time of year is- if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes, it'll change!

Day One, Whew! 7:55pm

We were without an internet connection for most of the afternoon, as it was in the new place and the computers still in the old place! But as of now we have a good chunk of it all moved over and are in good shape for tomorrow.

Off to a friend's party soon~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home