.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and to let you know that we haven't floated downstream in all this rain! It's been quite the couple of days here with nearly non-stop rain and flooding. Since it made national news I thought I'd just let you all know that we are fine. Staying inside as much as possible, although it's been a bit challenging to get Percy to go outside to 'do his 'business'.

My other news is that as of today I am once again gainfully employed! I interviewed at Joann's Crafts today and I start on Monday. It's seasonal to start, but they have a manager spot open and I plan to 'wow' them over the next month so we'll see where it goes from there!

The trick will be not spending my entire paycheck at the store!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you're safe through all the rain, and I'm so glad you'll be at Joanne's. It sounds perfect, both the seasonal position, and the managerial opportunity. I'll pray it works out!

10:37 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Congratulations! Good way to ring in the Thanksgiving Day festivities.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home