.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Girls w/ power tools!

Ok, girl...singular. One of the remaining tasks for me today is the disassembling of our two computer desks. While they have been wonderful desks, they are just about 1/2 inch too wide to fit through the doors. We discovered this AFTER we had assembled the first one in the fall of '05, and laughed with (and at) the poor movers who had to break them down and reassemble them in our new house.

So, I had to make sure that I could take them apart by myself to get put out with the bulk trash tonight. I kept Aaryk's electric drill out, since I remembered that the mover's had used it when they went through this. I'm pretty pleased with myself that I figured out how to put the right bit in, tighten it down and got it going the right direction!

Aaryk had told me that he'd get better satisfaction out of taking a hammer to it, but for me, it's all about the power tools! I've still go my desk up for the remainder of the evening, but it will go out just before bedtime.

So, this may be the last update for a few days, until I get up to my folks' place in Illinois sometime on Saturday.

Just had to share my new found joy in using power tools with y'all. Next up, the router (what, you mean it doesn't plan road trips for you? Oh well, maybe not then!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

*laughing* That's awesome. I hope you got the desks disassembled safely!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home