.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sorry for the lack of updates

With preparing to move and doing all of the last minute cleaning I haven't taken the time to keep you all updated, and I'm sorry for that.

During a break in my cleaning today, I found this article-

New plan for greater security

It's about what the 2nd BCT has been doing lately. I don't know how much of it Aaryk has been involved in, but he was out on a mission for several days last week. He's back and safe and trying to get caught up on work again. Even the things he COULD tell me about what he was doing he won't, he just doesn't want to talk or think about it any more than he has to. So, I know he's safe and that's really all that's important.

I leave Fort Bragg on Friday morning after my final housing check. At this point, I'm sleeping on an air mattress in the front bedroom with Percy's crate and the 2 desks. I have about a carload of misc boxes and lamps and stuff to go to the storage, and a couple of larger things like the TV and the computer desk chair that I'm going to ask one of my MCCW friends (with a minivan) for help with on Thursday. The desks get broken down and taken out with the trash on Tuesday night (they don't fit through the doors and so I'm NOT taking them with!), and so then everything will pretty much be done. I'm keeping my computer hooked up until Thursday, but won't have access after that until I get to West Chicago on Saturday night.

Oh, the MCCW (my bible study group) is giving me a farewell luncheon open house this Tuesday, and I'm so looking forward to that. I'm going to miss this group of ladies quite a bit!

So, most everything is done or nearly done but it's still going to be a busy week! Prayers for my stamina and sanity would be greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Cool article--and the repeated "We want you here," was especially encouraging. I will continue to pray for Aaryk; glad he's safe.

I'm glad everything sounds good for you, too! All the best with the final moving and MCCW lunch. =)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home