.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Smokey Day

I'm sitting at the computer, eating my lunch, and when I glance out the window it's almost foggy outside. Except that it's not fog, it's smoke. Not to worry, they're doing some sort of maintenance controlled burn in the area is all (if you've been out here, it's in the wooded area on the other side of Knox from my house). It smells wonderful, reminding me of many a campfire I've sat around.

But it's probably not good for my sinusitis. :( I've been fighting that since I got back from Illinois last week. Mostly I'm tired and my throat and chest hurt from all the coughing. So prayers for a speedy recovery would be appreciated. I've got a lot to do in the next few weeks to clear housing, get everything into storage, and make the move up to Illinois. I gave my 30 day notice today, and my move out inspection is Friday March 9.

I heard from Aaryk a couple of nights ago, he's still putting in very long hours, and although it's not as cold this week, it is now raining. I also got a call from the Lt's wife of A Company (Aaryk's in B Company) that they had their first casualty last week. Staff Sargent Sanders was out with a convoy and I don't know if they were attacked or came across an IED. Apparently, everyone is notified when anyone in the Battalion is killed. It's a little overwhelming for me right now, and I didn't even know Sgt. Sanders. Would you please remember his family and all the soldiers in the 407th in your prayers?

One last prayer request, and forgive me for being vague, but Brian could really use some extra prayer support right now too. I'll let him fill in the details if he wants, but he did ask for extra prayers, so I know he wouldn't mind me passing that request along. He's okay and all, just has some issues and decisions to be worked out.

Well, that's where we are now. Thanks for all the prayers, cards, and packages! Aaryk got the first card (from my folks) in about a week. I'm still waiting to hear on how long it takes for packages though. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Healing for Kyrie
Healing for Kyrie
Healing for Kyrie
NO FISH!

Good Mojo for Brian
Good Mojo for Brian
Good Mojo for Brian
No Fish!

*HUGS*

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home