.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Care Package List!

Here's a list of some of the things that Aaryk would enjoy-

Finally, here's a list of some of the things that Aaryk would enjoy in a care package-

First and foremost, news from home! Tell him what you're doing and what's going on here at home. He really misses that.

Pork Rinds (disgusting, I know, but he loves them!)
Good dark chocolate
chocolate covered espresso beans
Vienna sausages
Beef jerky
Cheese Pringles
Books (science fiction/fantasy are his favorite)
Comics
DVDs
CDs
Audio Books (on CD only)
Jolly Ranchers
Cinnamon Altoids
Big Red Gum
Nuts- Cashews, peanuts, pistachios.
Magazines- Games, computers, Hmmm maybe popular mechanics? Really, pretty much anything!

Stay away from anything with mint or coconut though...he can't stand either! He's also not much of a sweets fan, with very few exceptions. oh, and NO phone cards please. He bought a pay-as-you-go cell phone there, and will be using it to call me.

He will likely share everything with some of the guys who don't get much from home, and will trade books, music and movies with others guys too, so don't worry too much about what he has seen/heard/read. EVERYTHING will be appreciated!

I've also put a Paypal donation button on the side by the one star flag. We have a number of purchases coming up for large things that Aaryk would like for the next year. Things like a camp chair, a wireless router, a pillow with arms for sitting up in bed reading, a bicycle, time for his pay-as-you-go cell phone, and stuff like that. If you would like to help out with these sorts of things, that's what the Paypal button is for. Please please please don't feel obligated to give. I just wanted to provide another source for folks that want to help but don't want to send care packages.

Thanks again for all your support!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kyrie, for the list. And it's great to know that he will be sharing with the other guys. That way I feel like I am helping them all! I will work on getting a care package together to send to them.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks, good list. Congratulations on almost making it to 200 miles, too! =)

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kyrie- I just came upon your blogs today. I couldn't find an email address for you, so I'll just write in the comment box. Our daughter is also with the 82nd in Iraq - her first deployment- so I read everything I can find about the 82nd and Camp Taji. Your blog helps me to know what's going on. I invite you to visit my blog,if you'd like, though it's not military-related ( I write about education, citizenship and Catholic education mostly). It's at detocquevillesdaughter.com.
Take care and thanks for blogging!
Ruth

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello...I don't remember how I came across your blog, but I'm so happy I did. My bf is also in the 82nd and actually only left about a week ago. He didn't leave with everyone else due to school. This is my first REAL deployment. I'll have to explain another time why. I was so freaked but your blogs are very comforting. THANKS! Email me anytime stran1976@aol.com.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home