.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Talking to Aaryk

It has been so neat. Aaryk's been able to call me several times since he got to Kuwait. The DoD has a system set up where you can call the local military installation and they will patch you through to the person you are trying to call. Since my cell phone has an AZ area code, he calls the switchboard at Luke AFB and they transfer his call. He does have a time limit (of at least 20 minutes), and there's usually a line, but it does mean that our guys are able to talk to their families here in the states.

That's made it very nice. Once they go wherever they end up from there it's unlikely they will have the same set up, so I'm enjoyinghearing his voice while I can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home