.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I can FINALLY tell you all

This has made for an interesting Christmas, but finally, I can talk about it. Aaryk's unit got their orders for deployment today. We've known it was likely for a couple of weeks, but weren't supposed to talk about it until it was official.

He leaves sometime in the next week or so for the Middle East. He doesn't have his orders in hand yet, so that's really all the information we have right now. We know they are headed for Kuwait first, but I don't know from there.

I will update as I know more, but it might be sporadic. We have a lot we want to do before he leaves. He likely won't be taking his cell phone, but he will have pretty good access to email.

I have a list of things I need to do as well, since I'll be clearing out of post housing after he goes. Not sure where I'm going yet, but there's no need for me to be taking up a house by myself. I may stay in Fayetteville, or go to either Chicago or Phoenix. So, I'll be keeping busy too, and that's a very good thing.

That's it for the moment, your prayers and good wishes are still very much appreciated and treasured, and I can't begin to tell you how much!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Wow...I'm so glad you can finally tell us; that must have made for an interesting Christmas! You will be in my prayers, for safety, for help with all the work you have to do to get ready, for the future. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do, if you need an ear or any kind of practical help. For myself, I'm hoping you come back to Phoenix, but you have all my help and support with whatever you decide is best. May the Lord be close to you now.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Goodness! I bet it was interesting!

My heart is with you. I know you've been waiting for/dreading this for awhile now. I doubt the lump of fear in my stomach will dissipate until he's back home again!

Of course, I'm hoping you come back to Phoenix! But whatever you decide, please let me know if I can help in ANY way.

*HUGS*

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home