.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Marion Blakemore 1919-2006

My Aunt Marion passed away yesterday. She was my dad Walter's older sister and only other living sibling.

Her visitation and memorial service will be Saturday morning, since that's the only time that one of her children can get a flight from Florida to Illinois and back. I'm trying to figure out if I can get home in time for it without causing additional stress to my family.

Please keep all of us in your prayers during this time. Knowing that she was declining fast in no way really prepares you for the grief that follows a loved one's passing.

I have so many wonderful memories of Aunt Marion and celebrating holidays at her house in Streator. I'm glad that I was able to visit with her a bit when I went home in February.


2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

I have been keeping her, and all of you, in my prayers, and I'll continue to do so. I hope the service went well and everyone was safe.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

My love and prayers to and for you. *HUGS*

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home