.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

He's arrived

Aaryk called me yesterday afternoon at about 3:30pm (11:30pm Kuwait time) to let me know that he'd gotten there safely. Turns out that they have phones there that they can call military bases in the US and they will transfer the call to your loved one. Since my cell phone has a Phoenix area code, he called Luke AFB and they transferred the call to me.

The flight was long, but uneventful. They had stops in Maine and Frankfurt Germany, but they were both short layovers.

When I asked him how he was he said, "Freezing and tired" but otherwise okay. He didn't have long to talk, because not only was it nearly midnight and he had to get up for PT at 6, but there are a limited number of these phones and there's always a line for them (even at midnight!).

So, he's getting settled in there, and I'm getting stuff done here. I've got a specific prayer request this morning. I know I'll be fine with getting the regular stuff done; paying bills, packing, cleaning house, but I need a little extra motivation to keep exercising. I usually put a DVD in and work out for 30 minutes on my Gazelle, but I'm already struggling with wanting to just sit and watch instead. So prayers for continued motivation would be greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home