.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A great suggestion!

Chris just emailed me a wonderful idea! As part of my motivation to keep exercising on my Gazelle, I'm going to 'jog' to Kuwait!

The ticker at the top here represents my progress. I've included the exercising from this week and we'll see if I can 'get' to Kuwait before Aaryk gets home! Of course, if I did it 1 mile = 1 mile, at my current pace I'd be at it for over SIX years! So, I'm going to figure 1 mile on the Gazelle will equal 10 miles on my journey. That makes it MUCH more realistic for a goal!

Now I'm actually getting excited about exercise! Thanks Chris!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a terrific idea!!!!
You may want to share that with some of the other wives since it really does give a focus. Ones with children old enough to understand could combine their efforts. Mom

12:01 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Great idea--and how creative!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That *is* a great idea!

Now if I can only come up with a way to motivate myself to get to the gym... ;->

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I hear ya there! I know me, there's no way I'll stay motivated towork out if I have to GO somewhere to do it!

I like being able to be in my 'wouldn't be caught dead in', close all the blinds, put something in the DVD player and just go!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home