.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ABC News

Mom called me today and told me about a piece on ABC about the 82nd. I'm not sure if this is the same one, but I found this and thought I would share-

Being Deployed: Military Families Speak Out

Yes, they are talking about Aaryk's Brigade, and no, I don't know anything more. I probably won't know anything for some time, because unlike ABC, Op Sec (Operations Security) MEANS something to us. Aaryk has said he can't tell me anything, even if/when they may be heading into Iraq. (All the leaking and anonymous source nonsense bothers me just a bit, can you tell?!)

On the topic of Op Sec issues, Aaryk has really stressed to me the importance of being careful what I write about here. I have to write as though I knew the enemy were reading this too. Back during WWII they would have said, "Loose lips sink ships". It's no different today, in fact the various terrorist organizations are even more savvy to the Internet than you'd think. Just something I think is good for all of us to remember.

I'll still make sure I tell you what I can, when I can though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home