.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Where in the world is Aaryk?

Somewhere in the Baghdad area

I'm not too worried actually. I know more about where specifically they are, but until I see it in print somewhere else, I'm not going to post it here. He's working 12-15 hour days right now, trying to get the motorpool up and running.

He's also in charge of a squad at this point, and for their daily PT they will all be getting bicycles and biking the couple of miles to breakfast every morning, then to work and back to the barracks at the end of the day.

They do have access to a good sized PX there, so that's where they will get the bikes.

I rediscovered this site recently, it's a neat one- Half my heart is in Iraq

I like their logo-


Now they just need it in the ACU print instead of the old BDU one! Hmmm....I may be able to do that....

Here's a couple of other articles I found about the Falcons (that's the 2nd BCT)-

82nd Arrives in Kuwait, Ready for Action

A Blessing Before Battle

And lastly, here's a couple of sites that you can use to keep up with information on Aaryk's unit-

Operation Iraqi Freedom

US Dept of Defense


It'll be light blogging for a bit now, I'm heading to Illinois for a visit tomorrow. I expect I'll be back home around Feb 2 or 3. If anything important does hamppen in the mean time though, I'll be sure to post it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks for all the articles, and have a safe trip! It sounds like Aaryk is working awfully hard--he has my prayers for energy in that, as well as for safety. I'm just looking forward to a care package list, whenever you get the chance! (When you get back, though.) Be safe and have fun!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home