.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

How neat!

Since I have no word from Aaryk to talk about yet, I thought I'd share this-

Camp Lejeune Ballerinas

They are gearing up for their big Spring recital and in one of the numbers,

The dance number with the DDDs (Daughters of Deployed Dads) will be the 1940s song, "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree With Anyone Else But Me". The girls will have life size cutouts of a picture of their dad, which they will sing and dance to during the song. Those cutouts alone are $99 each. But of course these little girls will get to keep them after the recital.

How sweet! They are funded solely by donations, and there is a button at the bottom of that article you can click on to donate if you wish. You can also help by voting for the top military bloggers at VA Mortgage Center.com Soldier's Perspective is giving $2,000 of the first prize money to the ballerinas if he wins (He's down towards he bottom of the list for voting). Voting ends Jan 23, and you can only vote once.

Anyway, I just thought it was a neat article and a great way to support the troops by supporting their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home