.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Thinking about Aaryk

As I have been reading more military blogs lately, I found this quote and thought that it's something that Aaryk would use for a sig line~

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Found that on Citizen Smash today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home