.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Brian's off to start his Army life

Brian left today from Phoenix to start his Army life at Fort Jackson South Carolina. Well, almost. He called me this evening to let me know that he and the 6 other guys that left MEPS today all got bumped off their flight. The Army is putting them up for the night at a hotel and they'll try again in the morning.

He'll be in inprocessing for about a week and will then begin Basic Training probably the first week of May.

It was very nice to have him up here for a few days in the middle of the month. Here's a picture of the two of us at the Marion Wade Center at Wheaton College. They have a little museum with one of CS Lewis' wardrobes (and all that that implies!)



Please pray for him as he enters this new phase of his life. I'll be sure to post his address as soon as he gets settled. He won't be able to get care packages during Basic, but they DO encourage letters and cards. He's going to be without cellphone or computer for 8 weeks, so he'll really be looking forward to word from the outside world!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Great picture of the two of you! I talked to Brian for a few minutes yesterday. I'll be glad to send letters + pray, always.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This of course answers the email I sent you this morning... ;->

Thanks for the update!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home