.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

First of all, I want to wish everyone a very Blessed Easter, and to thank you all for your love and support.

Aaryk's plane touched down at 1300 at Ft. Bragg on Thursday the 20th. I got to the Green Ramp (the terminal) about 0930 just to make sure that I didn't get lost, and was there in plenty of time. Several other wives were already there, and another had just arrived and was being welcomed home.

They were good about keeping us informed, and telling us where we could and could not take pictures (it IS a military installation after all!).

Here's some of the ones I took-



After they all marched in and got settled in formation, the band played the National Anthem, the Army Song, and the 82nd Airborne song. All the while, I could see Aaryk scanning the crowd with just his eyes. Thankfully, I was nearly right in front of him. When he saw me, he winked at me and then just had that 'almost smile' that he gets. During this time, there was a speaker, but I have NO IDEA who it was or what he was saying!



When they finally got released to us, it was a wonderful. Words really cannot describe.



After about 15 minutes, they called them back to get on the buses and get taken to the Company area. They still had to turn in their weapons and other gear and pick up their duffels and such.



After a longish briefing on safety, mostly warning the guys about drinking and driving (this is a real problem for these guys who haven't had any alcohol in 15 months!), they were finally released to go home. Aaryk had to report for formation on Friday morning, and then doesn't have to be back to work until Tuesday.

We're having a wonderful reunion, and taking time to really get off on the right foot here. It's almost like being on a honeymoon again!

Thanks again for all your prayers on our behalf!

4 Comments:

Blogger choadlywan said...

I guess he's really back...

That 2nd to last picture kind of choked me up...

I can't wait til you guys are back in the valley.

I have my river shoes waiting.

Although, just for fun, I think we should not wear them... hee hee hee!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Although, just for fun, I think we should not wear them... hee hee hee!

His response was something like-


Pbbbbbtttt!

;)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, wonderful pictures!!

I hope you had such a good week together. He's home! Hug him hello for me.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!

Give him a big hug from me!

- Dee

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home