.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Whoo Hoo!

Just got a phone call from Aaryk!

He got in to Ft. Knox at 0200 on Friday morning. They had a briefing and by the time they got to their barracks and got the lockers and stuff it was 0345. Reveille was at 0400! He's spending the first few days doing inprocessing stuff, getting issued his uniforms, basic drills, that kind of thing, and then will Start Warrior Training School. They had 'liberty' for most of the day today, so he went out and bought a watch and a phone card so he could give me a call. Oh, and a large Coke, which he said was the most wonderful thing!

It was so nice just to hear his voice!

He won't have an address that I can write to for another week or so, but I'll make sure to post it here when I get it.

Want to see a little of where he's at? Here's the Ft. Knox web site~http://www.knox.army.mil/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home