.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Tales from the Proving Ground

I was talking to Aaryk the other day. He told me about the alarm on his watch going off a little after 9am one day during training. Since they were busy, he didn't turn it off right away. A drill sergeant came over and asked him why he had his alarm set. Aaryk told the drill sergeant that he set his alarm to go off at 9:11 every morning.

I don't remember the drill sergeant's reaction, but when he told me this I asked him why it was set. He told me it was so when things got tough, he would never forget WHY he's doing what he's doing.

Wow. I was speechless.

Is it any wonder I love this man so much?

Just wanted to share that one with you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Wonderful column, and a terrific perspective your man has! This is the kind of man Americans must be proud of!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda said...
Truly inspiring

9:49 PM  
Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

You're part of America's finest. You have no idea how much it's appreciated. Blessings to your entire family.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great story! Thank you both for your sacrifice on our nation's behalf.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home