.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Friday, March 25, 2005

Military ID!

I talked to Sgt. Ledesma (Aaryk's recruiter), and met him at the recruiting office this morning. He took me down to the National Guard post at Papago (in south Scottsdale, only a 15 minute drive) to get my ID. Whoot! I don't know why that makes me so happy, but it does!

It's even not a half bad picture!

Since we didn't have to go all the way out to Luke AFB (which would have been an all day affair), I was back in time to go to Church at noon for the Stations of the Cross. Very nice, reflective service on God's love for us. Even in the midst of our suffering, He is with us, and understands what we are going through, because in His love, He suffered for us.

We purchased 'The Passion of the Christ' when i came out last year, but I still haven't watched it. I'm planning on watching it this afternoon. Seems like a fitting time.

I'm at peace now about not being able to go see Aaryk at his WTC graduation next week. I'll make sure he gets some one to take pics though, and I'll post them here! ;)

So, I'm feeling better, all around, and continue to pray that Aaryk gets through these next couple of days without too much trouble. My thanks to Alicia who reminded me that being married makes us one, and so that even though Aaryk won't be able to be at Church on Easter Sunday, in a way he will be, through me.

Interesting link for today~http://www.loc.gov/vets//kit.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home