.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Friday, March 25, 2005

What a week it's been!

The week of No News Is Good News

After talking to Aaryk twice last Sunday, I haven't heard from him all week. This is a good thing! Monday night I just sat around, jumping every time the phone rang, hoping and praying it wouldn't be him. The way I figure it is that he'd only call this week if his knees were hurt badly enough for him to not finish his training. Oh, and I guess the official title of his training program is Warrior Transition Course. Guess that's good to know, now that he's almost through!

Please keep those prayers coming!

Invited to the graduation

I got a letter in the mail today, inviting me to the family orientation and graduation for Charlie Company (that's the C co in Aaryk's address) next week. I cried all the way home. One of the few really emotional outbursts I've had since he's been gone. I would love to go see him, but there's just no way we can swing it. :(

Terri Schiavo

This whole situation has had me in knots all week as well. Let's just leave it at that. I have linked to her parent's site in my LINKS area on the left. That and www.blogsforterri.com are among the places I check daily for breaking news on her.

The Triduum

Here we are at the end of Holy Week. It's hard to believe that Easter is just around the corner! The Triduum, for those who don't know, is the three days before Easter Sunday. Lots of interesting stuff going on at Church. I took tomorrow off, as a 'mental health' day, and am going to be able to go to Good Friday afternoon services for the first time! Brian has to work Saturday night, so I probably won't be going to the Easter Vigil service, but we are planning on going to the Sunrise Service on Sunday, and then over to friend's for Easter dinner.

Easter without Aaryk will be...odd. It's his favorite religious holiday, and one of the high points of the year for him. I am thankful for all the folks who will be keeping me occupied on Sunday!

That's as much of an update as I have for the moment, but rest assured, the blog will be the first to know when anything new happens!

Have you answered my poll question yet? No? Please take a moment and let me know often you frequent this site! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home