.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Monday, March 14, 2005

Called again and a prayer request

I don't know if he just had more time this Sunday or was homesick, or a little bit of both, but Aaryk called me TWICE on Sunday! The first time he woke me up at 0630, and we talked until he had to leave to march to Church. The Church is about a mile from the barracks.

He called again about 1900 last night. He told me at that point that Saturday was the first day that he thought, "I really want to be at home". It's been incredibly hard work, physically and mentally, but he knew that would be the case. The little bit of homesickness though he didn't expect. I think I'm more of a basket case when I talk to him more frequently. Most of the time I can just keep busy with stuff, but when he calls it's much harder to not think about him. But, we deal with it. I knew this was going to be tough, but knowing it and actually experiencing it are very different. But don't worry about me, I'm just counting down the days until he's done! (19 until the end of WTS!)

Now the prayer request- Aaryk is concerned about his knee. It's giving him a lot of trouble and he's living on about 3200-4000mg of ibuprofen a day. He has to get through the next two weeks before he'll go see a doctor about it. He REALLY doesn't want to get re-cycled through WTS, and that's what would happen (he thinks) if he gets it looked at now. Would you please pray for guidance, strength and healing for him? I told him we'd storm the gates of heaven with our petitions on his behalf.

Thank you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, how's about I hope that he'll get better? And good stuff like that. n_n I'm sure things'll look up. He's a tough guy.

- Rachel

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found this through Hugh Hewitt. He'll be in my prayers. Hope he makes it. God Bless you and your family. Thanks from another family in Phoenix

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home