.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The lights are out

Just a quick note to let you all know that no, we haven't been floated down river just yet.

However, we have no electricity and likely won't for another couple of days still. Power's been out since Thursday afternoon and while it is frustrating to not be able to get online (times like this I really see how much I depend on the Internet every day), it does mean that I'm getting more sleep! It's very humid, but not unbearably hot.

Please pray for all the folks in the area though who are dealing with flooded basements and homes, and that Com Ed will be able to get power restored to the rest of the 130,000+ folks who are without soon. They have been working around the clock, and already we have more and more of the town back up. At peak, there were over 500,000 homes without power on Thursday.

I'll tell you all about our adventure driving through that storm next week, after we're back up and running again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Thoroughly read both posts--I'm planning on sending Brian a card soon + a care package soon after. Thanks for letting me know about the power! That has to be frustrating. I'm glad you're getting more sleep, and I'll pray that everything gets back to normal soon, and for the families who might be in danger because of the power loss. Do you have any kind of time frame on when they're expecting to fix it?

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home