.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Endings, beginnings, and more prayers please!

They had a going away party for me at work yesterday. It was wonderful, made me cry, all the usual stuff. My boss, her boss, and the Ops Managers were all there, as well as so very many of my dear friends from GWCC. So now I am officially done with IKON (for the time being!), and jobless and homeless! It's been nice to be able to stay with friends this past week.

Brian moved out about 2 1/2 weeks ago. He's doing well, but is still in need of a full-time job close to the place he's living. He'd love to get his driver's permit, and hopefully will soon.

I'm headed to Sedona this weekend with some friends, and then onward to parts East! I will be stopping in Albuquerque, and Dallas to see family and friends, and then on to Aberdeen on the 17th to see Aaryk for a week. He graduates on the 22nd from his AIT, and ten hopefully on to Fort Benning for Airborne School.

I say hopefully, because right now he's dealing with a couple of torn muscles in his thigh and is basically off his feet as much as possible. Also, as I write he is in getting his wisdom teeth pulled. He'll be confined to quarters for the next 3 days after the oral surgery. Hopefully all the enforced 'rest' will help him heal quickly! Prayers are as usual, greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home