.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Monday, June 13, 2005

On the Road Again....

Sedona was wonderful fun! It was nice to be able to relax with my friends and not have to be responsible for anything (Except helping with breakfast!).

I'm in Albuquerque at the moment, delayed by the fact that my car's 'check engine' light came on yesterday. It's in at the dealership now, so I'm hanging out at Kevin's updating the blog!

Yesterday I took a side trip through the petrified forest in northern AZ. I'd been there with Aaryk and Brian 5 years ago, but we got there so late that we weren't able to get out and walk around. It was very cool.

Speaking of Aaryk

I spoke to him last night, the last time I'll get to talk to him until I get out there on Friday. He's out on a field exercise all week. He's still on a profile from his oral surgery, so he won't actually get to do too much. He says his leg is healing nicely, but I'm glad he's not going to be putting any strain on it for an extra week.

Oh! He's not going to Ft. Benning for his Airborne School. They now do jump school at Ft. Bragg as well, so he'll go straight there after AIT. He'll probably ship on the 22nd or 23rd. Then I'll be heading to Chicago for July. I'm hoping to be able to be in Chicago through the end of July, there's a gaming event I REALLY want to get to with my bother (I mean brother! ;) ).

My husband on pain meds

Funny story I have to share. Aaryk still had to report for morning and evening formation even while confined to quarters after his oral surgery. He's standing out there, and there is a big, slow-flying fly buzzing around him. The fly lands on his chin, and without even thinking about it, Aaryk smacks it. He about knocked himself out from the pain! Fortunately, by the time he told me about it, he was already laughing about it.

More from Dallas in a day or so, I'm going as far as Amarillo tonight, since my Father is going to be in for surgery today. Prayers all around are greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home