.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wheeeeee!

Well, he made it!

He graduated on the 22nd, and is now at Ft. Bragg North Carolina. I don't have any pictures from this one, but he did order the DVD they made, so maybe when we get settled I'll be able to post something.

I've got a couple of funny stories I'll post then as well, right now I just wanted to give a quick update.

I leave Illinois on Saturday evening, and should arrive at Bragg late afternoon on Sunday. From there we'll be in a base hotel for a few days, maybe a week. Then, the plan is to fly to Phoenix, get our stuff (we MAY have a couple of days to spend with friends, it will depend on how long they give him to do the move), and drive back so we can be at OUR HOUSE ON BASE on August 22!! Yep, we got base housing, and Aaryk drove past it yesterday and said that it's a cute older 2bd house. It's one of the ones that they are in the process of remodeling, so we will probably have to move in about 6-8 months, but that will be to one of the houses that they have finished remodeling! Thanks to everyone who prayed for our finding base housing!

So, that's the tentative plan at this point. Once I leave my folks' place I don't know what internet access I will have between then and 8/22. Aaryk said there is an internet cafe type place on base, so I will try to update as I can.

Please pray for my safety as I make this final drive in my solo cross-country excursion.

Wheeeee! We're almost there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Good news! Give him a big Congratulatory Hug for me!

I wasn't aware there was anything other than base housing, but if you're happy about it, then groovy. ;-)

I hope you get time to visit while you're here, but if you don't, thems the breaks.

Continued prayers & energy for (both of) your safety - as always.

*smooch*

Love ya!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Base housing is such a blessing! It does mean that he will lose his housing allowance, but we have no rent or utilities to pay other than cable and phone.

It's also easier for him to get to work in the mornings, no gates to pass through with 100% ID checks slowing things down.

We really weren't sure we'd be able to get on base housing right away, at some places they have waiting lists that go on for years!

Kyrie

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home