.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Home!

Yes, we are HOME in North Carolina!

We even have a mailing address-

The Drakes
407 Irwin Dr
Ft. Bragg, NC 28307

(no home phone, use our cells)

After a whirlwind trip to Phoenix (it was nice to see as many of you as we did, sorry we didn't get to see everyone!), we left early Thursday morning to head east. Aaryk called post housing on Friday, and they said that our house was ready and we could move in on Saturday. We pulled into Fayetteville and onto post about 1:30pm Saturday afternoon (2400 or so miles!).

We have an adorable little 2bd 1bath home. Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday were spent shopping for the things we didn't bring with; desks, shelves, a TV, mattress/box springs, washer&dryer, and other sundries and essentials like food! As of today, we have most of the books-games-DVDs-CDs-computers stuff etc unpacked and put away. My folks are bringing down some furniture from my Nana's house for us in a week or so. It is soooooo nice to not be living out of a suitcase anymore!

Family news

Brian has a job! He's working at the 99 cents store for the last couple of weeks. He don't like it much, but he's sticking with it until he finds something better.

Many of you know that my Nana has been in poor health of late (she turned 90 in June), and she went home to be with the Lord Sunday morning about 4am. My folks were with her when she died, and she'd had visits from all three of her kids that day. The visitation was today, and the funeral is tomorrow morning. I'd greatly appreciate prayers all around during this time. It wasn't a surprise, but it's still difficult. I'm not going to be able to be there for the funeral, but I'm at peace with that decision. I got to spend quite a bit of time with Nana this summer, and was able to say my good-byes then.

Sorry to close this post on such a down note. I'll try to have pics of my house up soon, and as always, thanks for all the prayers and support!

1 Comments:

Blogger julio said...

Sorry about your Nana, hope she's at peace...

Glad to hear you're getting settled in, it takes a while sometimes... hope all works out for you quickly...

Peace...

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home