.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Friday, September 02, 2005

Active Duty Troops & Hurricane Relief

A friend of ours sent this link-
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/01/katrina.military.reut/index.html
and asked if Aaryk was going.

At the moment his unit is on stand by, but they haven't been deployed to the Gulf Coast...yet.

Depending on the needs in the near future, they may mobilize more active duty troops to help.

We'll have to wait and see.

I was reading about Keesler AFB in Mississippi. They base was pretty much demolished. I think about the people who lived on base and think, that could have been us. I'm sure there were families at Keesler who had just arrived and barely gotten unpacked when Katrina hit. Fortunately, they have hurricane shelters so the people and their pets were safe. My heart aches for them.

I sent a donation to Soldier's Angels at- http://www.soldiersangels.org/heroes/Operation_Katrina_Soldiers_Relief_Fund.php,
but I need to find a way to do more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home