.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

When I can't not write...

The place I keep friends and family updated on our life in the US Army. My part in that I affectionately refer to as being part of the 82nd Chairborne Division!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Another way to help...

http://www.soldiersangels.org/heroes/Operation_Katrina_Soldiers_Relief_Fund.php

These good folks are helping displaced families of (mostly) National Guardsmen who are overseas at the moment. Can you imagine being in Iraq, seeing the devastation in the Gulf Coast area and not even being able to get a hold of your family? Of knowing that your house and all your belongings are just...gone?

There's a contingent of the Louisiana NG due to come home in a few weeks, and (like everyone in the region) they will need our prayers and support.

If you can, please consider helping them through Soldier's Angels or one of the other charitable organizations working in the Gulf. There's an extensive list in my previous post.

I hope none of you minds hearing about this instead of family things right now. I just know that we need to help our neighbors, because nobody else will.

Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home